Have you completed 12th standard? Are you interested in pursuing a good computer science course? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best computer science courses available in India after 12th.
TYPES OF COURSES
In India, computer science courses are available in various formats. Some of the notable formats are –
- Certificate courses
- Vocational training courses
- Diploma courses
- Bachelor’s Degree courses
- Master’s Degree courses
- PG Diploma courses
- PG Certificate courses
- PhD programs
Certificate, vocational, diploma and Bachelor’s Degree courses are UG (undergraduate) level courses. Students who have passed 10+2 are eligible to pursue this course.
Master’s Degree, PG Diploma and PG Certificate programs are PG (Postgraduate) level courses. Candidates who have completed relevant Bachelor’s Degree course are eligible to pursue these courses.
PhD is a research based Doctoral program. Candidates who have completed relevant PG course are eligible to pursue this program.
In this article, we will solely focus on computer science courses after 12th. And as promised, I’ll provide the list of the best courses.
Since Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree programs are the best of the lot, I’ve mentioned them only (in my list). Certificate and vocational programs are useful too. But Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree courses provide better career prospects and jobs.
LIST OF COMPUTER SCIENCE COURSES AFTER 12TH
Let us start this list with Bachelor’s Degree courses. Here they are –
BACHELOR’S DEGREE COURSES
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Computer Science – 4 years
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Computer Engineering – 4 years
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Software Engineering – 4 years
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering – 4 years
- B.E. or B.Tech. Computer and Communication Engineering – 4 years
- Integrated (B.E./B.Tech. + M.E./M.Tech.) Computer Engineering – 5 years
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) – 3 years
- B.Sc. in Computer Science – 3 years
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering – 3 years
- B.Sc. in Software Technology – 3 years
Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Technology programs are 4 years long academic programs. Other Degree courses (like BCA and B.Sc.) are 3 years long. Integrated Engineering programs are 5 years long.
Students who have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognized board are eligible to pursue these courses.